Happy first day of summer! Summer Solstice happens to be one of my favorite days of the year; where we live the sun will set crazy late tonight meaning that it won’t be dark until well past 10pm. There’s something magical about twilight that seems to last forever. A year ago today, the hubs and I were blessed to be able to watch the sunset from 40,000 feet while flying to Hawaii for our wedding. It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I’ve ever seen and a memory that will stay with me forever. To kick off the first day of summer I’ve assembled a summer to-do list of all the activities I’d love to accomplish over the next three months!
1. Host a summer BBQ.
2. Pick berries and bake my first fruit pie from scratch.
3. Spend time working on my photography and perfect my use of natural light.
4. Spend a weekend in Seattle.
5. Explore new farmers markets.
6. Plan an old fashioned picnic with the hubs complete with champagne.
7. Make delicious s’mores around a fire under the stars.
8. Bake mint colored macarons.
9. Remember to have dinner outside on our patio when it’s sunny.
10. Make fresh jam.
If there’s one thing I know, it’s that we all love Pinterest! Since creating my account two years ago, it’s safe to say I’ve used it almost daily. I love Pinterest for so many reasons; I love finding inspiration for fashion trends, delicious recipes and home decor and it feeds my love for beautiful photography! I thought it would be fun to share a glimpse of what I’m pinning for summer! I’m all about bright colors and dreamy light filled photos! Do you have a serious love for Pinterest too?