Neutral Necessities

title 1

There are so many exciting things about being in our twenties and finally being done school; having a place to call your own is definitely one of them! My husband and I have lived in a number of different places while we were going to university but our current place is the first one that’s actually felt like home. As you know I’m a huge fan of interior design, but decorating your place can be a little daunting at times. Deciding on your design style is the first hurdle and the second is trying to chose pieces that when put together form a cohesive design. I’d be totally lying if I said our place was fully decorated as I’m very selective with my furniture choices since I’m always trying to imagine the big picture. At the moment we’re trying to spruce up our living room and so I’m constantly on the lookout for key pieces that I can use for years to come as I build towards my final vision. I’m drawing inspiration from the beautiful rooms below as I love the light, airy feel they have!

Ps. I wanted to send a little congratulations to the lovely Alyssa of The Glossy Life who found her new apartment yesterday! I’m so excited for you and I can’t wait to see how you decorate it!

one | two | three | four | five | six | seven

Comments

1. MC says

We still have a bit over a year left in the army but we have started looking. I also have tons of magazines and pictures saved of what i like but in the end it’s quite complicated to merge to completely different styles plus throw in the kids to make it all look beautiful. I’m so excited for you though: as long and difficult the process may be the end result will be gorgeous!

So exciting! Decorating a room is always so much fun, but I’m with you – it takes me forever to pick out things and decide. It’s a big decision, so you want it to be perfect! Great inspirational photos. Can’t wait to see the finished product. xo, Julie

I can’t tell you how much I love these rooms! But I just know that I could never have so many light colors in my home. Between my three dogs and eventually kids in the picture, my version of would be a total disaster!

These all look so elegant, chic, and grown up! We’ve been in our house for almost 2 years now and I’m STILL decorating. I think decorating a home is something that takes years, but that’s what makes it fun. :)

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

These are all great picks but that 3rd picture is my favorite! I wish I had the time (and cash) to sit down and plan out my apartment so I can make everything feel just the way I want to. But you’re right-it’s a long and hard process! Who knew?
    Jenn
    With Luck Blog

Great minds think alike, loving your decor post :) I need to revamp my boring apartment – but we’re hoping to move out of this silly little city soon! I’m dreaming of a beautiful Chicago/Minneapolis aparment….someday soon hopefully!

xx,
    Maya

7. charminglystyled says

I am in love with these gorgeous spaces! I want to redo my apartment so badly, but hopefully we’ll be moving to Chicago or Minneapolis soon enough and I’ll get to start all over again :) Love these pretty ideas!

Hows your condo search going? I can’t wait to hear about it once you find the perfect one!

xx,
    Maya

So much great interior inspiration! I bought my first home this year and have been having soooo much fun decorating! So glad I found your blog it’s lovely. Now following.