Peppermint Heart Marshmallows

These heart shaped marshmallows were so cute I knew I had to make them the moment I saw them! They’re super easy to make and are absolutely perfect to pop in a cup of hot cocoa this week! I’m excited to share a few more Valentines posts in the coming week so hopefully you like this one!

Peppermint Heart Marshmallows
You’ll need:

In a large bowl combine whipped topping with a couple drops of peppermint extract.

Stir until smooth, make sure there are no lumps!
Note: The original recipe called for a 1/2 cup of water to be combined with the whipped topping – I found that the marshmallows melted quickly once they were removed from the freezer so I wouldn’t suggest mixing the topping with any water.

Pour mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper – I wanted my marshmallows to be relatively thin so I chose a shallow baking pan

Add drops of red food coloring

Mix food coloring with your finger to make swirls

I seriously couldn’t get enough of the pretty pink swirls!

Freeze the mixture for a minimum of eight hours – preferably over night.
Cut using cute heart shaped cookie cutters

Pop the marshmallows into some cocoa or store in the freezer for later

Original recipe from Say Yes To Hoboken

Comments

FYI: For the lactose intolerant folk, such as myself, there is now lactose free whipping cream by Natrel. Another option if you want to indulge in this yummy treat! PS I <3 the swirls!

Thanks Alyssa! This was my first attempt at making marshmallows (I definitely took the easy route lol)! I have a recipe for strawberry marshmallows that I can’t wait to try come spring! I’m a little nervous though because it seems like something that’s difficult to make. xo

Not only do we share the same name, but I’m also totally addicted to hot chocolate too! It’s my go to drink at Starbucks and I’m always drinking a hot cup of cocoa at home :) These are the perfect hot chocolate companion! xo

haha twins! I’m a big coffee drinker too so Starbucks tends to give me my coffee fix-but I’ve had hot chocolate almost every night at home this whole winter. Probably not my best move but it just hits the spot every time!

I used to love drinking coffee until it started to really bother my stomach, so I’ve seen had to cut that out of my diet as well. Hahaha I totally agree that hot chocolate probably isn’t the best choice but it just tastes so good, it’s irresistible!

Yay! I’ve always wanted to make homemade marshmellows, but they take hours and hours! I’m going to have to try this quicker recipe – plus they are adorable for everyday of the year {but especially valentines!}

xx,
    maya

Marshmallows have been on my list of things to try for a longtime too! Clearly I cheated in this recipe but I’m excited to try making real strawberry marshmallows come the spring! When making these just make sure you freeze them for a long time, otherwise they melt quickly (I learned that the hard way)! xo

Trackbacks