Black on Black

Happy Thursday! I’m so excited to share my very first outfit post with all of you today! I’ve been thinking about posting one for a while as I love seeing the creative and pretty outfits that so many of you share on a daily basis! I was a little hesitant to add outfits to my blog as I’ve gotten used to posting collages, delicious recipes and sharing my photography; but then again, a little change is always good and the timing just felt right! I decided to share this outfit as it’s a pretty typical weekend outfit for me; it’s casual and fun without being too laid back and boring! The hints of gold add a classy element and the leopard print loafers keep the outfit light-hearted and fun! The leather jacket is one of my favorite pieces; I’ve had it for a long time and it’s butter soft making it very comfortable. I’d love to hear your thoughts on my first post – would you like to see more outfit posts in the future?

Leather Jacket: Danier (similar) | Sweater: J.Crew | Jeans: WESC
Loafers: Target | Scarf: Gap (almost identical) | Clutch: ASOS
Sunglasses: Vogue | Bracelets: J.Crew, ASOS | Lips: MAC

Comments

Aww thanks Alyssa, I’m totally blushing!! Your sweet words are so encouraging! I don’t think I can turn down future outfit posts now :) I love that clutch too, it was such a great find and I get so much use out of it! xo

Now I know why you are always cold. Your feet & hands are exposed! While I love your flats, especially since they are from Target (you know I love a bargain), perhaps some warm socks & boots are more winter appropriate. However, who am I to judge? The boy gets mad at me all the time for doing this.

Mom, is that you? Did my mom put you up to that Cathy? I’m glad you love the loafers, they were a total bargain and I get a surprising amount of wear out of them! With regards to always being cold, I’m cold whether I have a coat on or not so I can’t win either way! xo

Oh thank you so much Rachel!! The jacket was an amazing investment; I’ve had it for six years and I know I’ll have it for forever! I really wanted a fitted jacket and I love this one because it has a mandarin collar, so it’s a little more feminine. Thanks for the lovely comment!

Thanks so much Meril! I’m totally in love with gold accessories and they really look great against a black backdrop! The clutch was the perfect finishing touch as its both black with hints of gold! xo

Thanks Casey, I’m so glad you approve! I love that scarf too, it’s super chunky and it’s huge so I’m always warm when I have it on! The leopard print loafers seem to be a total hit, I’m glad you agree :) xo

Thanks Julie! The loafers are the perfect touch of fun to so many outfits, I’m glad you love them! I’m getting excited to share some more outfits in the near future thanks to the overwhelming positive feedback! xo

Hahaha thanks for the overwhelming vote of confidence Julie! Can’t wait to share some more outfits! Now if it would just stop raining I could take some more shots! I spose I’m a bit of a photography snob since I refuge to take photos in the rain because they just don’t look as nice! xo

Oh thanks Jenn! I really appreciate the wonderful feedback and I can’t wait to do another outfit post! I’m totally loving all things gold too! Thanks for another lovely comment! xo

Oh, my.. leather,I can go on and on and on with my love for leather. (Visit me sometime and see mine :)) Your jacket has great fit and structure, very important for leather jacket in my opinion. Great way of styling it too, love the touch of playfulness in the shoes. Great!

Greetings from Dubai!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY

I couldn’t agree more about the fit of a leather jacket! Many can be too boxing and almost manly, that’s why I fell in love with this one the moment I saw it! I love how it tapers at the waist and has lovely panels on the front and back! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment!

Thank you so much Erin! I love how soft the jacket is, I find myself rubbing my side when I wear it because of how soft it is lol oops. Thank you for the sweet compliments; I agree my hubby did a great job picking out my rings!

Amy your comments are so sweet! I feel so bundled up when I wear that scarf, it’s huge and oh so warm! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment! Can’t wait to pop over to your blog and check it out!