Words to Live By

I came across this saying a few weeks ago and I’ve been saving it so that I could share it with you in the new year! I couldn’t believe how perfectly it matched all of the personal goals that I’ve set for myself this year!

{via}

I’m a total worrier (I get it from my mum), so this year I’m going to try really hard to chill out and take things as they come. Another big focus of mine is to exercise a heck of a lot more than I currently do! When I was completing my degree I was so busy studying that I didn’t make time to exercise (I know it was bad) and now I’m super busy with work that it’s easy to put fun activities ahead of working out. But this year I’m going to work hard to make it a priority…especially if we’re going back to Hawaii and I have to be seen in a bathing suit – yikes! Above all, I’m going to try to be positive; it’s so easy to complain about every little thing that goes wrong, but life is simply too short so my goal is to have a positive outlook starting this year! Now, where did I put my rose colored glasses?

Comments

1. Jenni says

What a great set of goals! If everyone would attempt to be just a bit more positive every day think how great this world could be! Good for you and Happy New Year!

Oh Jenni I couldn’t agree more! It’s so easy to dwell on so many things but it doesn’t accomplish anything, in fact it makes matters worse because it just brings you down even more. Here’s to positivity and a fantastic new year! Thanks for the lovely (and positive) comment!

Like you, I’m a total worrier…it can actually be borderline debilitating at times. I love the simplicity of this. Thanks for sharing, Jen!

You sound like me Alyssa! It seems like there’s always something going on for me to worry about :( I’m totally envious of people who are super laid back, I’m hoping to take a page from their book this year. xo

No way, what a coincidence! You couldn’t be more right about it being a great guide to a happy, healthy life! I loved it from the moment I saw it and I couldn’t wait to share it! xo

It seems like there are a lot of us out there! I thought I’d be alone in the worry category but it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one who struggles with it. I have such high hopes too, lets hope we can stick to our goals :) xo

It’s so tough not to be, but I know it’s not the healthiest so I’m hoping to relax a little more this year. I absolutely love this saying too, not just for the new year but it’s great as a daily reminder! xo

I’ve been out of blogging commission for the last few days, so I was pumped to see I had two fabulous posts to catch up on! Those are fabulous words to live by – I have a feeling you do all those everyday!

xx,
      Maya

Aww Maya you’re too sweet! I know that when I’m busy and I miss the opportunity to comment on your posts it makes me sad! I loved reading your goals for the coming year; traveling to Europe and moving to Chicago both sound amazing! I’m hoping I can just stick to being positive and worrying less lol. xo

Oh Julie, I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one who worries a lot! Boy is it going to be tough to break that bad habit…I’m hoping that trying to stay positive will go hand in hand with worrying less! Fingers crossed we can chill out a little this year :) xo

Thanks Ashley! I think a lot of people feel like you and I, they start out the new year with these great intentions of working out but sadly fall short. I think for us to be successful we have to make it a priority and try our best to stick to our plan of putting it ahead of other activities. Hoping you have a wonderful year!!