Kauai, Hawaii

Well winter has arrived on the west coast, and by winter I mean endless rain! I’ve been looking at my pictures from Maui hoping that I’ll somehow be able to feel the warmth of the sun through the photos, but it doesn’t seem to be working too well. The solution: plan a trip somewhere tropical! We skyped with my best friend and her husband last night and threw around the idea of Costa Rica, the Bahamas and Kauai. Although I’d love to stay at Atlantis in the Bahamas and explore Costa Rica, we decided that both of those could wait! What we couldn’t wait for was another trip to Hawaii, so we all decided on a trip to Kauai! I’ve seen endless gorgeous pictures from the oldest Hawaiian island, however I’d love to hear your advice if you’ve been lucky enough to visit! You know that I love hearing about a place firsthand and getting all the inside info about where to stay, eat and explore! If you have any recommendations I’d love to hear them! Thanks in advance!

Photos via
one | two | three | four | five | six | seven | eight

Comments

I know it’s just gorgeous there! The combination of soaring cliffs and pretty beaches is amazing! I love living on the west coast because it’s so green and lush but come the winter we’ll go a couple weeks without seeing the sun which is really depressing :( xo

I know we haven’t even been back for five months and we’re already itching to go again lol. We’re planning the trip for early June so it’s still a little ways away! I’m trying to pass it off as a great trip for our first anniversary (not that we’d be going somewhere every year)! xo

Going to Oahu and staying in Honolulu is something that’s at the top of my husband’s travel list as he’s love to tour the War Memorial. I’d love to hike Diamond Head as it’s such a popular attraction on the island. As for Maui, I can’t wait to return as well!

1. fizzandfrosting says

So, so beautiful! I’m majorly craving some sunshine! I’m hoping that maybe we’ll be able to take a tropical vacation come summer. Ugh. That seems so far away!

Me too Lauren! When the weather is gloomy all I want to do is fly somewhere warm and sunny! I know the summer seems so far away :( but I find if you’re planning a trip it helps to get through winter because you have something to look forward to when it’s over! I’d love to hear where you’re considering going on your trip! xo

Wow I would absolutely love to be able to jet away right now! It’s been so rainy eh? Just non-stop!! I’ve never been to Hawaii or Costa Rica, it looks so beautiful though!

I know, this weather has been so depressing! It seems like it’s only going to get worse too :( You definitely have to go to Hawaii, it’s nice because we’re so close here on the west coast! xo

3. inredningsvis.se says

OMGGG AMAZING post:)Ive always wanted to go there..look like paradise.

If you want to see some beautiful decor..check out my blog:)

have a wonderful day dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se

Thanks Maria! My travel list is as long as my arm and Kauai has always been on there! I love the beautiful contrast between the green mountains and the gorgeous blue water, it’s stunning! Thanks for checking out my blog!

It’s soooooo nice! My advice is to get a 4 wheel drive car so you can venture to the places less-traveled. It’s much more remote than Maui. You’re going to love it! Having been to all 3 places on your list, I can say that Costa Rica is AWESOME but definitely more exotic, and the Atlantis is great but service is slow and prices are steep. Hawaii is always the perfect mix of tropical and the comforts of home :) Can’t wait to hear all about it!

You are simply amazing! Thanks so much for all of the tips, I’ll be sure to pass them along to me best friend as we sort out the details! Good to know about a 4 wheel drive, we just had a car on Maui and managed fine, so I didn’t even think of that when we started talking about going to Kauai. It’s great to know that renting a jeep is a great idea! I’d love to hear more about your trips to Costa Rica and the Bahamas sometime! One of the reasons we decided not to go to Atlantis was the cost, it’s quite a bit! It’s too bad the service was slow, considering you paid a premium to be there :( Thanks again, I’m sure I’ll be asking you more questions as we do more planning!

xo

My memory isn’t the greatest, but I remember that we rented a Trailblazer and it was FILTHY by the end of our trip. Since it’s a less touristy island, expect to do more nature-type activities. One fun thing we did was a 4-wheeler tour. If you don’t mind getting muddy, I highly recommend it!

That sounds awesome! My sister-in-law rented a jeep when they were on the Big Island and said the same thing. It was completely covered in mud by the end of the trip because they did so much off roading (even though you’re not supposed to in a rental car). I’ve done a little more research and the island definitely has that small town feel. I know there are a ton of amazing hiking trails that offer spectacular views which I can’t wait to do! I’m looking forward to seeing Waimea Canyon, it looks breathtaking from the photos I’ve seen! I know my best friend will be all over a 4-wheeler tour, she’s all about getting up and close with nature and if that involves getting muddy, she’s all for it lol. Thanks for all the amazing tips!! xo

I LOVE Kauai! It is our favorite Hawaiian island. I definitely recommend a Helicopter tour and a sailing/snorkeling tour along the NaPali Coast. We are going back to Kauai in three weeks and we are going SKYDIVING! :) I can’t wait. If you’re interested, I’ve posted a few of our Kauai adventures on my blog. You’re going to love it!

Krystle you’re amazing! Thanks for the tips, I’m going to spend some time reading your Kauai posts for sure! Your upcoming trip sounds amazing; skydiving there will be unreal! I would love to take another heli tour but it’s quite expensive so we’ll have to see if that makes the cut for this trip too. I’m excited to read your posts and see you photos when you return!

Trackbacks