I was so humbled this week when I was nominated by both Michelle of Fierce & Fashionable as well as Casey from Champagne Dreams, Boxed Wine Budget for the Leibster Award. Both Michelle and Casey have wonderful blogs that I enjoy reading everyday!
The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate
3. Choose nominations and link them to your post
4. Go to their page and tell them.
To prevent this post from becoming too lengthy, here are 10 things about me! Also since I was nominated by two different people, I had to choose between two sets of questions. I decided to go with Michelle’s since she was the first person to nominate me.
11 Questions from Michelle of Fierce & Fashionable:
1. If you had to move to another country tomorrow, which would you pick & why?
Since I’m Canadian, given the opportunity I’d pack up and move the US! My husband and I constantly dream of just up and moving to California or Hawaii, really I’m happy with either! Just give me more sunshine and a beach and I’ll be thrilled!
2. What is your favorite Fall fashion item from this year?
Riding boots, they’re my quintessential item for fall!
3. Why did you start a blog?
Like many fashion bloggers, I started my blog because I felt as though my life was lacking creativity. Completing a science degree is the farthest thing from creative and artistically stimulating. I’ve always loved fashion and decor so it just seemed natural to start a blog as a creative outlet!
4. Who is your favorite singer/band right now?
At the moment Carly Rae Jepsen is one of my favorites! We grew up in the same town and she’s always been an amazing singer. It’s so nice to see her finally make it big and have all her hard work pay off!
5. What food are you obsessed with?
I have and will always be obsessed with mac and cheese as well as dark chocolate. If I had to live off of them for the rest of my life I’d be totally happy!
6. What was the coolest trip you’ve ever taken?
I don’t think this will come as a surprise that the coolest trip I’ve been on was to Maui in June/July of this year! I had the opportunity to experience the most amazing sights and I am forever thankful to have those memories!
7. If you won a $1,000 shopping spree, what store would you spend it in?
J.Crew! I don’t know how I would possibly decide what to buy since I’d want everything in the store!
8. Would you rather get a massage, your hair styled or your nails done?
Definitely a massage! I was diagnosed with a back problem when I was 14 and visit a RMT on a regular basis to help decrease my back pain. I love having my hair and nails done but those I’m able to do on my own, a massage on the other hand, I can’t give myself lol.
9. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Shy of adding turquoise to the name, Pearls & Lace is as representative of me as you can get. I love anything that’s made of lace; I have a number of lace dresses and my wedding dress was full lace. I also wear pearl earrings almost everyday and it’s strange if I’m not wearing at least one pearl bracelet.
10. What is one random fact about you that few people know?
I dislocated my collar bone when I was 6 years old; I can’t quite describe how excruciatingly painful it was! Apart from that I’ve actually never broken a bone, which usually surprises people.
11. Name 5 things off of your “Bucket List”
1. Travel to Bora Bora
2. Buy our first house
3. Visit my family in London
4. Travel to Santorini Greece with my best friend, something that we’ve dreamed about doing since we were in high school
5. Own a pair of Louboutins
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite item in your closet?
2. What’s your dream job?
3. Who’s your style icon?
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
5. If you had to wear one designer for the rest of your life who would it be?
6. What’s your biggest accomplishment?
7. If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would you be and why?
8. What’s one item you absolutely can’t live without?
9. What are some of your blogging goals?
10. If you could go back in time and relive one moment from your life what would it be?
11. If you could move anywhere, where would you move?